Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hi, It's Me...

Yes, I know, I know.

Life is topsy-turby right now, and I'm doing my best to preserve my sanity. The need to travel for my day job has suddenly increased due to staffing changes and availability, so I have found my travel time quadrupling. And being the stubborn person I am, I'm not changing my REI schedule. It is my sanctuary, my happy place, so I'm not giving that up if I can help it.

On a personal note, a colleague of mine at the day job is fighting recurrent brain cancer, it's hitting us all very hard. Harder than we are letting on. It's painful to know what we know. We know the facts, we know the statistics. We know the odds are not in our friend's favor. We had thought her chemo protocol had given us the miracle we had prayed for, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. She goes for her second surgery this coming week.

So I'm off back to Mo-town for the next week. My home away from home. I really never expected to get so much use out of my luggage. And I still can't believe that I haven't left the country yet either. Wow.

On a bright note, I did have last Saturday (not yesterday) off. I wasn't going to waste it, so I took off somewhere. I'll let you guess where (if you follow my tweets you already know where). I did take pictures, about 100 of 'em. Here is a teaser, once they are all formatted and the crappy ones tosses, I'll upload them to my flickr. But, not until I return from The Mo. Man, I really need a laptop (but I'm afraid of Vista!).....



Love, Yvette








(not bad, eh?)

No comments: