Monday, July 28, 2008

Life Update

Just a little status update on things....
 
Mom is out of the hospital and recovering. The special hospital bed she was in made her feel great, when she got home and had to sleep on a regular bed, things weren't so great. Her first night, she was in a lot of pain, but it is receding now.  She wouldn't have been able to make the trip to Yosemite with me this Wednesday. I told her not to worry about it because we wouldn't have been able to go anyways.
 
In case you didn't know, there is a big fire north of Mariposa. The fire is so bad, they had to cut the power into Yosemite Valley. I hear it's pretty smokey over there right now, so even if I were willing to brave it without the consession stands, the air is really bad and not worth the case of black lung.
 
So, instead of going to Yosemite on Wednesday, I'm going to go back to SEKI (Sequoia/Kings Canyon). It won't be as challenging as hiking up to Vernal Falls (my original plan), but at least I'll get some miles in, and be at elevation. This will give a chance to break in my new day pack. I pro-dealed myself the Osprey Stratos. 
 
 
Sorry, emailed this one in, so was unable to create a simple link. 
 
Speaking of SEKI, I'm still working on formatting my pictures. I don't have a lot of time to do it at home, so I do a little bit at a time. In my opinion, my pictures are kind of lame. Just cut-off pictures of big trees since they are so tall I can't fit the entire tree in my lens. Once those are complete and loaded, I can get to my Yosemite pictures. I really like my Half Dome pictures from Washburn and Glacier Points.  Stay tuned! :)
 
I'll have another anouncement next week-ish, but I'm not at liberty to disclose it yet. I did leak it at Facebook, but that's because no one will really see it. I just don't want to let the cat out of the bag prematurely.
 
Love, Yvette

No comments: