Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Was Bad....

Really bad.

Today is Tuesday, and Tuesday means family night. Tonight, I ditched. I told my family that I was invited to a lecture.

That was a lie.

Every Tuesday, REI has free clinics open to the public. Pretty much on any REI-related (activity) topic. Tonight a speaker from Yosemite Mountaineering School was giving a slideshow and discussion on big wall climbing: El Capitan and Half Dome. Oh, and it's the 50th anniversary of the first ascent too, way cool.

Since our grand opening back in September, I had been to exactly ZERO clinics. There were a few I wanted to attend, but didn't because of family night.

But I couldn't miss this one. I just couldn't. So I didn't.

I'm bad.

Love, Yvette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I used to work for those guys. How was the presentation and who gave it?

Yvette said...

Hi Theresa!

His name was Dave -I forget his last name. He was older, extremely tall (I'm 5'2" so tall is 5'5"-9" and extremely tall is 5'10"+), and thin like your typical climber-dude. And he said that he has something crazy like 40+ ascents of El Cap under his belt- started climbing in the 70's and started working for YMS in the 80's.

Yvette said...

Oh, and the presentation was good, casual and cozy because we had a small turnout, but I enjoyed it.